Life is What Happens

The title of my blog "Life is what happens" was inspired by a song which John Lennon wrote for his son. The lyrics of "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" contain the famous Lennon quote, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Metal Lawn Furniture

Memories of metal lawn furniture go hand-in-hand with outdoor living. Neglected 1950s tables and chairs can get a shiny new look with Rustoleum.  My project for the day is to restore a really cute little round table we have by our back door.  I am thinking of a purple or turquoise color for this table with black legs. Maybe I will be inspired with a different color from the color selection at Home Depot. The only part I don't look forward to it is sanding the rust from the top of the table. Although there is now a wide selection of plastic inexpensive lawn furniture, there is just no replacement for the old metal furniture of our youth.
Update:
Today I sanded & painted the table. I chose not to make it a conventional look.  Because I was in an artsy mood, this is how it turned out. 

No comments: